Reporting Directly to the General Superintendent, The Site Superintendent is directly responsible for managing all site activities performed on their designated project. Oversight should ensure that projects are completed safely, within schedule, and on budget.
Successful applicants will be able to foster a collaborative, problem solving work environment and be able to manage the variability posed by our challenging worksites.
- Reads, understands, and follows Milestone’s Corporate Health and Safety Program, Policy and Procedures
- Have a working knowledge of Ministry of Labour rules and regulations
- Communicate effectively with Milestone’s safety department and disseminate pertinent safety information to the project team and subcontractors
- Reads and understands the project scope, project control estimate and client contract
- Reviews and understands project related subcontracts
- Communicates and tracks any changes to project scope, requests for additional work, client contract or subcontracts to PM
- Review and understanding of relevant project specification and drawings
- Participate in the development of site specific workplans and schedules, communicating that information to the onsite team
- Implement site specific workplans and continually audit their effectiveness against project specifications to ensure quality and accuracy of work completed
- Provide daily updates on progress to Project Manager
- Maintain and update project schedule as required
- Majority of time will be on project sites; out of town travel will be required
- Shift duration and frequency is variable and dependent on project and client requirements. Shifts can include weekends and holidays. Work hours can be long and will vary, multiple 12hr+ days in a shift are not uncommon
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Civil/Environmental Engineering Degree or Civil Engineering Technologist or Technician Diploma and/or equivalent field experience is an asset
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experiences from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in environmental or civil construction
- Any related construction industry experience in landscaping, earth works, mining, road building, water treatment or demolition an asset
- Experience operating heavy equipment an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Team player with strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Disciplined, motivated self-starter capable of high performance with minimal supervision.
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
- Able to understand and prioritize requests.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Office)
- Ability to interpret and read engineering drawings / specifications.
Onsite work environment is outdoors and subject to all weather conditions. Must be willing to travel anywhere in ON. Out of province travel may also be required. Shift duration and frequency is variable and dependent on project and client requirements Shifts can include weekends and holidays.
How to Apply:
Please send your résumé to: MariaC@MilestoneEnv.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.