The Site Superintendent is responsible for directly managing all site activities performed on their designated project. Oversight should ensure that projects are completed safely, within schedule, and on budget.
Successful applicants will be able to foster a collaborative, problem solving work environment, able to manage the variability posed by our challenging worksites.
- Grade 12 or equivalent work experience (Preferred).
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience in environmental or civil construction.
- Any related construction industry experience in landscaping, earth works, mining, road building, water treatment or demolition an asset.
- Experience operating heavy equipment an asset.
- Reads, understands and follows MECI’s Corporate Health and Safety Program, Policy and Procedures
- Have a working knowledge of WorkSafe BC rules and regulations
- Communicate effectively with MECI’s safety department and disseminate pertinent safety information to the project team and subcontractors
- Reads and understands the project scope, project control estimate and client contract
- Reviews and understands project related subcontracts
- Communicates and tracks any changes to project scope, requests for additional work, client contract or subcontracts to PM
- Review and understanding of relevant project specification and drawings
- Participate in the development of site specific workplans and schedules, communicating that information to the onsite team
- Implement site specific workplans and continually audit their effectiveness against project specifications to ensure quality and accuracy of work completed
- Provide daily updates on progress to Project Manager
- Maintain and update project schedule as required
- Majority of time will be on project sites; out of town travel may be required
- Shift duration and frequency is variable and dependent on project and client requirements Shifts can include weekends and holidays. Work hours can be long and will vary, multiple 12hr+ days in a shift are not uncommon.
Field office. Outdoor work.
Lower Mainland , BC
To be discussed with potential applicants.
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
How to Apply:
Please send your résumé to: MariaC@MilestoneEnv.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.