Milestone is looking for creative people who enjoy a challenge. We provide contracting excellence to our clients, daring them to let us collaborate on their toughest and most sensitive projects across Canada. Specializing in soil and ground remediation, water treatment, heavy civil construction, building decommissioning, land reclamation and rehabilitating sensitive habitats; our people thrive in a fast paced and everchanging environment. Everyone on our team believes in finding creative solutions for our clients while making a positive impact to our environment and community. This can be a tough job and isn’t for everyone. Milestone is up to the challenge, are you?
Milestone’s success comes from putting our team first. We are employee-owned and commit to keeping our people safe, offering competitive wages and benefits, and providing opportunity for professional growth and development. Putting our people first is a promise we have been able to deliver on for the last 10 years and we continue growing stronger. If you think you are a fit, then we want you to grow with us.
Milestone Environmental Contracting Inc. (MECI) is seeking a Project Manager to provide overall direction for the completion of environmental remediation projects. Project Managers are responsible for project performance including: costs, schedule, planning, project coordination, quality and project status. It is essential that they establish and maintain excellent relationships with subcontractors, consultants, administrative support and our Clients.
Your attention to detail and exceptional time-management will be called upon regularly to process contract drawings and their specifications, record contract changes, make budget revisions and provide input into cost control.
Your contribution will be integral in the areas of performing material take-offs and pricing for project control recording, and reviewing bid documents (specifications, drawings, addendums, bid alternates, delivery dates, and bid closing dates.)
All of the above will be performed by tapping into your excellent organizational and computer skills, utilizing software to manage data and facilitate effective retrieval of information.
- Prepare contracts and negotiate changes to contractual agreements with Clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Manage and report on project performance to senior management
- Authorize project expenditures and procurement requisitions, i.e. purchase orders, invoices and expense claims within higher limits of authority
- Motivate project team staff to deliver quality results on time and on budget, and mentor others for success
- Working with the project superintendent to establish and maintain our strict health and safety culture and environmental programs
- Ensuring comprehensive project close-out
- Efficiently managing project meetings
Health and Safety
Reads, understands and follows MECI’s Corporate Health and Safety Program, Policy and Procedures. Ensures health and safety is considered in the performance of all activities both on and off the job. Participation in H & S initiatives will be monitored and reviewed as necessary.
- The ideal candidate will have a degree from an accredited university in a discipline relevant to project management, engineering, or equivalent, and a track record for leading large projects.
- Minimum of 3 years related experience is a must. Experience working in the environmental contracting industry is desired.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional time-management.
- Excellent writing and verbal communications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Work well with others.
- Problem solving.
- Decisions making.
- Critical thinking.
- Job task planning and organizing.
- Computer proficient
Work is primarily in an office environment but requires frequent travel to work sites throughout the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island, to monitor the progress of work and to meet with Site Superintendents and or Clients.
Must be willing to travel.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please send your resume to: MariaC@MilestoneEnv.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.