Project Coordinator – ON
Milestone Environmental Contracting Inc. (MECI) is seeking a Project Coordinator to assist in the coordination and execution of projects and project bidding/proposals. You would work closely with Project Managers, General Superintendent, and Site Superintendents to complete tasks as required. These tasks include costs, scheduling, planning, quality, and project status, and assisting the superintendent in planning, coordinating, and supervising construction activities including crew and equipment.
- Ability to interpret and read engineering drawings / specifications.
- Perform take offs, calculations and layouts.
- Ensure compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations for construction projects by implementing the Company’s OH&S management system.
- Maintain and manage plans, specifications, cost, and material estimates, subcontract, and related reports.
- Establish, monitor, and initiate updates to, construction work schedules.
- Maintain accurate cost control plans by entering daily units of completion and processing timecards and material packing slips for payment and cost control updates.
- Coordinate proper procurement of construction materials ensuring timely delivery and accuracy of purchase orders.
- Coordinate all extra work orders as directed.
- Calculate all productivity and material yields.
- Arrange and conduct construction field services as required.
- Maintain diary for project on a daily basis.
- Attend Client meetings and assist with determination of project requirements.
- Prepare project organization and communication charts.
- Chair site meetings and distribute minutes to all project team members.
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines/trades.
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team.
- Ensure Clients needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Review field inspection reports from consultants throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Issue Contracts, Letters of Intent, Purchase Orders, etc.
- Maintain Contract Execution Tracking Log
- Assist the PM in the review of Contractor quotations to ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval.
- Track & manage contemplated change notices and change orders in the database.
- Prepare substantial completion certificates and ensure all required project close out documents are obtained.
- Communicate ideas for improving company processes with a positive and constructive attitude, and for developing this attitude in others.
- Keep the Project Manager / General Superintendent/ Site Superintendent and others informed about project status and issues that may impact Client relations.
- May also be assigned other work as required including new project estimating and responding to Request for Proposals.
Health and Safety
Reads, understands and follows MECI’s Corporate Health and Safety Program, Policy and Procedures. Ensures health and safety is considered in the performance of all activities both on and off the job. Participation in H & S initiatives will be monitored and reviewed as necessary.
- Civil/Environmental Engineering Degree or Civil Engineering Technologist or Technician Diploma and/or equivalent field experience
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experiences from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Civil and/or Environmental Construction Field experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Construction industry exposure / experience
- Strong computer skills (Excel, MS Project, MS Office, Primavera, AutoCAD)
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
- Able to understand and prioritize requests.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
Work is primarily in an office environment, but requires frequent travel to work sites throughout Eastern Canada, to monitor the progress of work and to meet with Site Superintendents and or Clients.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please send your resume to: MariaC@MilestoneEnv.ca
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.