Milestone Environmental Contracting Inc. (MECI) is seeking an Office/ HR Administrator to support company operations. The main objective is to help the Milestone Team in the day-to-day administrative tasks and to support Human Resources.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
General Office Administration
- Filing / copying / document assembly
- Monthly expense reports: Assisting with spreadsheets and scanning receipts.
- Reception / courier/ supplies management
- Spot clean when required i.e. wiping down glass doors, sanitizing the kitchen, etc.
- Mail management: outgoing / incoming
- Ordering of stationary
- Managing inventory of company SWAG. Provide national support to help ensure SWAG is consistent across the company.
- Travel planning (air / hotel / car)
- Spreadsheet development / data entry
- Meeting minutes
- Forms management
- Building maintenance / landlord communications
- Assist in organizing special events.
- Conference room / meeting organization & set-up (proficient in MS Teams)
- Supporting the regional manager and assisting with calendar management.
- ACSO (Assistant Corporate Security Officer). Assist with obtaining individual and site clearance for Milestone staff, site clearance for subcontractors, and corporate clearance for JV partners.
- Payroll support. Hour tracking, vacation tracking, WCB/WSIB reporting.
- Assist with benefits administration. Setting up new employees, employee change requests, monthly taxable benefit reports, GRSP enrollment and tracking.
- Support with developing and maintaining employee development program. Assist with tracking annual reviews to ensure that non are missed.
- Assist with recruiting. Creating job ads, screening resumes, scheduling interviews
Health and Safety
Reads, understands and follows MECI’s Corporate Health and Safety Program, Policy and Procedures. Ensures health and safety is considered in the performance of all activities both on and off the job. Participation in H & S initiatives will be monitored and reviewed as necessary.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent required
- Certificate in HR or Administration is an asset
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self starter with strong work ethic.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Possess strong organizational, time management, creativity, and problem-solving skills.
- Fast and accurate data entry skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to establish priorities, work and think independently without direct supervision.
- Strong proficiency in MS office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Work is in an office environment.
Expected start date: 2022-01-10
Location: Langley, BC office
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Human resources: 1 year (preferred)
- Office administration: 3 years (preferred)
How to apply:
- Please send your resume to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.