Office Administrator – Ottawa
Milestone is looking for creative people who enjoy a challenge. We provide contracting excellence to our clients, daring them to let us collaborate on their toughest and most sensitive projects across Canada. Specializing in soil and ground remediation, water treatment, heavy civil construction, building decommissioning, land reclamation and rehabilitating sensitive habitats; our people thrive in a fast paced and everchanging environment. Everyone on our team believes in finding creative solutions for our clients while making a positive impact to our environment and community. This can be a tough job and isn’t for everyone. Milestone is up to the challenge, are you?
Milestone’s success comes from putting our team first. We are employee-owned and commit to keeping our people safe, offering competitive wages and benefits, and providing opportunity for professional growth and development. Putting our people first is a promise we have been able to deliver on for over 10 years and we continue growing stronger. If you think you are a fit, then we want you to grow with us.
Milestone Environmental Contracting Inc. (MECI) is seeking an Office Administrator to support company operations. The main objective is to help the Milestone Team in the day-to-day administrative tasks.
- Filing / copying / document assembly
- Monthly expense reports: Assisting with spreadsheets and scanning receipts.
- Reception / courier/ supplies management
- Spot clean when required i.e. wiping down glass doors, sanitizing the kitchen, etc.
- Mail management: outgoing / incoming
- Ordering of stationary
- Managing inventory of company SWAG. Provide national support to help ensure SWAG is consistent across the company.
- Travel planning (air / hotel / car)
- Spreadsheet development / data entry
- Meeting minutes
- Forms management
- Building maintenance / landlord communications
- Assist in organizing special events.
- Conference room / meeting organization & set-up (proficient in MS Teams)
- ACSO (Alternate Company Security Officer). Assist with obtaining individual and site clearance for Milestone staff, site clearance for subcontractors, and corporate clearance for JV partners.
- Supporting the regional manager and assisting with calendar management.
Health and Safety
- Reads, understands and follows MECI’s Corporate Health and Safety Program, Policy and Procedures. Ensures health and safety is considered in the performance of all activities both on and off the job. Participation in H & S initiatives will be monitored and reviewed as necessary.
- Highschool diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in a similar role is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self starter with strong work ethic.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Possess strong organizational, time management, creativity, and problem-solving skills.
- Fast and accurate data entry skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to establish priorities, work and think independently without direct supervision.
- Strong proficiency in MS office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work is typically in an office environment.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please send your resume to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.