Labourer – BC
Milestone is looking for creative people who enjoy a challenge. We provide contracting excellence to our clients, daring them to let us collaborate on their toughest and most sensitive projects across Canada. Specializing in soil and ground remediation, water treatment, heavy civil construction, building decommissioning, land reclamation and rehabilitating sensitive habitats; our people thrive in a fast paced and everchanging environment. Everyone on our team believes in finding creative solutions for our clients while making a positive impact to our environment and community. This can be a tough job and isn’t for everyone. Milestone is up to the challenge, are you?
Milestone’s success comes from putting our team first. We are employee-owned and commit to keeping our people safe, offering competitive wages and benefits, and providing opportunity for professional growth and development. Putting our people first is a promise we have been able to deliver on for the last 10 years and we continue growing stronger. If you think you are a fit, then we want you to grow with us.
Milestone Environmental Contracting Inc. (MECI) is seeking a field labourer to assist Superintendents with site tasks on projects across the province.
This individual would be responsible for working directly with Superintendents to ensure project needs are met, in a timely matter, while following all Health and Safety protocols.
- Keep training up to date in line with MECI programs.
- Keep the sites clean of debris.
- Maintain equipment and tools.
- Work closely with Supervisors around site equipment.
- Gain knowledge in small site equipment and get trained to use that equipment.
- Have some working knowledge of WorkSafe rules and regulations.
- Majority of time will be on project sites.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working as a labourer is an asset.
- Experience in the Civil/Environmental industry is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Team player
- Disciplined and motivated, capable of high performance with minimal supervision
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Fluent in English and can clearly communicate with Supervisors, Clients, and Coworkers.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have Driver’s licence and own transportation.
- Able to perform physical activity on a regular basis.
- Ability to lift approximately 40lbs over your shoulder height.
- Able to understand and prioritize requests.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Onsite work environment is outdoors and subject to all weather conditions. Must be willing to travel anywhere in the province. Out of province travel may also be required. Shift duration and frequency is variable and dependent on project and client requirements Shifts can include weekends and holidays.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.