Milestone Environmental Contracting Inc. is currently looking for a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator to fill a full-time seasonal opening on remediation projects in the Greater Toronto Area.
- Graduate from an Environmental Technician/Technological Program with preference in wastewater treatment and pollution control.
- Wastewater treatment plant operator certification.
- Operate and maintain a temporary wastewater treatment plant including operation of automatic, semi-automatic and manual related components involving pumps, valves, mixers, chemical feed and dosing systems.
- Responsible for performing duties such as conducting operational checks, adjusting, testing, and evaluating process controls, and adjusting flow involving monitoring process controls.
- Knowledge of PLC/SCADA controls, instrumentation, chemical dosing, sampling of wastewater, sludge and effluent, performing chemical and physical field tests, and preparation of analytical samples.
- Perform routine and preventative maintenance and corrective actions
- Handling and preparation of treatment chemicals.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to learn and work independently.
- Use of computer programs for process control.
- Experience and knowledge with treatment methods, techniques and practices.
- Must be able to accommodate rotational 24-hour work cycles.
- Adherence to health and safety requirements.
Competitive wage based on level of study and experience.
How to Apply:
Please send your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.