Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Superintendent will be responsible for the operational, financial and safe performance of a large ($100M) multi‐year (4+) environmental remediation and construction project. Oversees and coordinates all operational activities during the development, planning, execution and close‐out phases of the project. Manages and supports project teams, including own forces and specialty sub‐contractors. Provides leadership and over sight to all construction efforts to ensure that all aspects of the project are executed in accordance with the design, budget and schedule with the aim of achieving the highest performance in operation, quality and safety. Regular participation in participation in client and other project meetings is required.
- Reads, understands and follows Milestone’s Corporate Health and Safety Program, Policy and Procedures
- Have a working knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act rules and regulations.
- Communicate effectively with Milestone’s safety personnel and disseminate pertinent safety information to the project team and subcontractors.
- Reads and understands the project scope, project control estimate and client contract.
- Reviews and understands project related subcontracts.
- Acts as liaison with Construction Manager, subcontractors, and client to ensure construction activities support project requirements.
- Communicates and tracks any changes to project scope, requests for additional work, client contract or subcontracts to Construction Manager.
- Confers and coordinates with project team to resolve operating problems and difficulties.
- Review and understanding of relevant project specification and drawings.
- Develop and implement site specific workplans and schedules, communicating that information to the onsite team.
- Implement site specific workplans and continually audit their effectiveness against project specifications to ensure quality and accuracy of work completed.
- Provide daily updates on progress to Construction Manager.
- Maintain and update project schedule as required.
- Shift duration and frequency is variable and dependent on project and client requirements. Shifts can include weekends and holidays.
Completion of high school / college / vocational or technical training.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as site superintendent on large complex projects.
- Experience managing the implementation of multi‐disciplinary construction/decommissioning projects including; marine construction, civil earthworks, decommissioning and demolition, , excavation shoring,. Experience in sediment dredging, dewatering, water treatment, would be an asset.
- Experience overseeing subcontractors and leading field staff, labourers, equipment operators and other personnel on projects.
- Experience in the nuclear industry would be an asset.
- Experience with provincial health and safety regulations.
- Good organizational, technical, writing, communication and team‐building skills.
- Strong problem‐solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Field office. Outdoor work.
Port Hope, Ontario
To be discussed with potential applicants.
How to Apply:
Please send your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.