Reporting to the Construction Manager, the Superintendent will be responsible for the operational, financial and safe performance of a large ($100M) multi‐year (4+) environmental remediation and construction project. Oversees and coordinates all operational activities during the development, planning, execution and close‐out phases of the project. Manages and supports project teams, including own forces and specialty sub‐contractors. Provides leadership and over sight to all construction efforts to ensure that all aspects of the project are executed in accordance with the design, budget and schedule with the aim of achieving the highest performance in operation, quality and safety. Regular participation in participation in client and other project meetings is required.
- Acts as liaison with construction manager, subcontractors, design consultants and client to ensure construction activities support project requirements.
- Plans, staffs, and supervises all assigned work unit activities through supervisors/foremen to ensure a cohesive operational unit. Monitors availability and flow of personnel and assigns teams to projects.
- Develops and implements work plans, schedules, progress reports, control measures, etc.
- Identifies field operational solutions that will improve productivity. Achieves operational cost savings across all project resources, product lines and services.
- Analyzes contract performance to maximize financial and operational performance and minimize risk.
- Interfaces with regulatory authorities.
- Confers and coordinates with project team to resolve operating problems and difficulties.
- Oversees the utilization of equipment and implementation of tools in the field.
- General/Other Responsibilities and Duties Provides guidance, direction, and support to project team relating to cost reporting, control and general commercial considerations.
- Maintains official project log and documentation files.
- Develops and manages staff, handles disciplinary and performance concerns.
Completion of high school / college / vocational or technical training.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as site superintendent on large complex projects.
- Experience managing the implementation of multi‐disciplinary construction/decommissioning projects including; marine construction, civil earthworks, decommissioning and demolition, , excavation shoring,. Experience in sediment dredging, dewatering, water treatment, would be an asset.
- Experience overseeing subcontractors and leading field staff, labourers, equipment operators and other personnel on projects.
- Experience in the nuclear industry would be an asset.
- Experience with provincial health and safety regulations.
- Good organizational, technical, writing, communication and team‐building skills.
- Strong problem‐solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Field office. Outdoor work.
Port Hope, Ontario
To be discussed with potential applicants.
How to Apply:
Please send your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.