The position of Safety Administrator assists in developing safety policies and procedures, organize team meetings, solve safety issues, coordinate audits and inspections, track corrective actions and incident data, review important safety documents, and many other duties. A successful Safety Administrator is organized, flexible, attentive, and shows exceptional attention to detail.
The Safety Administrator reports directly to the Safety Manager and will be required to take direction and seek input from several managers, project managers, and other Milestone staff members.
Act as the point of contact and communicate project status adequately to all participants. Use safety management tools to monitor working hours, incidents, and near miss reporting. Report and escalate to management as needed. Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and static reports.
Demonstrate a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals and objectives. Focused on details, highly organized and works effectively with shifting priorities and rapid change. Effectively examines events, issues, and problems to generate optimal solutions in a timely manner, contribute to a positive health & safety culture throughout the organization.
Communicate with impact and create an environment in which people communicate openly and honestly. Foster teamwork and cooperation with a strong ability to work with a highly functional team.
- Reads, understands and follows MECI’s Corporate Health and Safety Program, Policy and Procedures.
- Ensures health and safety is considered in the performance of all activities both on and off the job.
- Participation in H & S initiatives will be monitored and reviewed, as necessary.
- General Office Administration
- Filing / copying / document assembly (H&S Binders)
- Facilitate meetings
- Ability to follow instructions and provide support, as required, to members of the health & safety team
- Appreciation and understanding of confidentiality
- Able to understand, and be sensitive to, diversity and equality
- Identify inconsistencies in documents such as reports
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with excellent time management skills
- Flexible in approach with the ability to respond to changing patterns of demand at work. This can be unpredictable and unplanned, requiring regular shifts in priorities, and requiring good priority setting skills
- Scanning & attaching documents into Job specific folders
- Spreadsheet development / data entry
- Forms management
- Administration support on jobsites if required
- Post-secondary education in a related, NCSO / CRSP designation or equivalent preferred or ability to acquire within established timelines; other related designations desirable.
- Experience and Knowledge in remediation would be an asset.
- Construction industry exposure/ experience
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills; Office 365, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Health & Safety software, SiteDocs, EHS Insight or Intelex
Office environment, however, occasional field visits are required
To be discussed with potential applicants.
How to Apply:
Please send your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.