Milestone is looking for creative people who enjoy a challenge. We provide contracting excellence to our clients, daring them to let us collaborate on their toughest and most sensitive projects across Canada. Specializing in soil and ground remediation, water treatment, heavy civil construction, building decommissioning, land reclamation and rehabilitating sensitive habitats; our people thrive in a fast paced and everchanging environment. Everyone on our team believes in finding creative solutions for our clients while making a positive impact to our environment and community. This can be a tough job and isn’t for everyone. Milestone is up to the challenge, are you?
Milestone’s success comes from putting our team first. We are employee-owned and commit to keeping our people safe, offering competitive wages and benefits, and providing opportunity for professional growth and development. Putting our people first is a promise we have been able to deliver on for the last 10 years and we continue growing stronger. If you think you are a fit, then we want you to grow with us.
Role responsibilities will focus on project management support from the estimating stage to completion of projects. Focus is on facilitating information flow from the site and suppliers / subcontractors, to the Project Manager, and to the Client. Primary facilitator for entering project information into Maestro.
- Assist with Pre-qualifications / Tenders / Proposals documentation
- Develop submission structure / organize proposal content
- Upload awarded estimates to Maestro for review by Project Manager
· Work closely with PM on Change Management processes for RFI / CCN submissions and follow up
· Work with PM for Subcontract / Purchase Order / Change Order creation and entry to Maestro
· Ensure flow down of Terms & Conditions from Prime Contract through to Subcontracts
· Co-ordinate with PM for issuing of Subcontracts and POs
o Ensure all associated Quotes and documents are uploaded to Maestro
o Enter Subcontract in Maestro for approval PM prior to release
o Confirm contract cost coding lines up with the Estimate
o Follow internal approval / sign off process
· Co-ordinate with Site Supervisor / PM for PO issuing
· Obtain competitive price sourcing / obtain credit applications
· Confirm signed contracts are received and uploaded to Maestro
- Verify & collect end of project documentation & project close-out requirements
- Compile / complete project binders for Site Superintendents:
o Project Details Binder including control estimate, work plans, supplier quotes / purchase orders, job specifications, site drawings, permits and licenses, etc.
o Set up site specific field package for Site Superintendent to track daily activities and costs
- Meet submission deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review and approval
- Arrange for Bonding and / or Certificates of Insurance
- Support assignment to other projects as needed
- Set up client billing template in Maestro
- Receive, review and process field data including daily field packages with supporting backup, vendor invoices,
- Verification of data entry for all project costs including labour and equipment
- Provide ongoing project status reports to Project Managers
- Administrative Work on job sites if required.
As a Project Administrator you are the project manager’s main support and information source. Your responsibilities are to represent Milestone in a professional way that reflects our core values. You will add value to the company through your attention to detail, initiative to investigate & looking for ways to improve day to day work flow and communication with the team.
Health and Safety
Reads, understands, and follows MECI’s Corporate Health and Safety Program, Policy and Procedures. Ensures health and safety is considered in the performance of all activities both on and off the job. Participation in H & S initiatives will be monitored and reviewed as necessary.
Work is usually in an office environment. Occasional field visits may be required. Requirement to adjust to continuous changing priorities, work within tight timeframes and deadlines, reporting to the Project Manager / Assistant controller. You will be required to take direction and seek input from several project managers.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
- project management: 1 year (preferred)