Project Administrator – Ottawa, ON
Milestone is looking for creative people who enjoy a challenge. We provide contracting excellence to our clients, daring them to let us collaborate on their toughest and most sensitive projects across Canada. Specializing in soil and ground remediation, water treatment, heavy civil construction, building decommissioning, land reclamation and rehabilitating sensitive habitats; our people thrive in a fast paced and everchanging environment. Everyone on our team believes in finding creative solutions for our clients while making a positive impact to our environment and community. This can be a tough job and isn’t for everyone. Milestone is up to the challenge, are you?
Milestone’s success comes from putting our team first. We are employee-owned and commit to keeping our people safe, offering competitive wages and benefits, and providing opportunity for professional growth and development. Putting our people first is a promise we have been able to deliver on for over 10 years and we continue growing stronger. If you think you are a fit, then we want you to grow with us.
Milestone Environmental Contracting Inc. (MECI) is seeking a Project Administrator, who’s responsibilities will be to focus on project management support from the estimating stage to completion of projects. Focus is on facilitating information flow from the site and suppliers / subcontractors to the Project Manager, and to the Client. The Project Administrator is the primary facilitator for entering project information into Maestro.
- Assist with Pre-qualifications / Tenders / Proposals documentation
- Develop submission structure / organize proposal content
- Upload awarded estimates to Maestro for review by Project Manager
- Work closely with PM on Change Management processes for RFI / CCN submissions and follow up
- Work with PM for Subcontract / Purchase Order / Change Order creation and entry to Maestro
- Ensure flow down of Terms & Conditions from Prime Contract through to Subcontracts
- Co-ordinate with PM for issuing of Subcontracts and POs
- Ensure all associated Quotes and documents are uploaded to Maestro
- Enter Subcontract in Maestro for approval PM prior to release
- Confirm contract cost coding lines up with the Estimate
- Follow internal approval / sign off process
- Co-ordinate with Site Supervisor / PM for PO issuing
- Obtain competitive price sourcing / obtain credit applications
- Confirm signed contracts are received and uploaded to Maestro
- Verify & collect end of project documentation & project close-out requirements
- Compile / complete project binders for Site Superintendents:
- Project Details Binder including control estimate, work plans, supplier quotes / purchase orders, job specifications, site drawings, permits and licenses, etc.
- Set up site specific field package for Site Superintendent to track daily activities and costs
- Meet submission deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review and approval
- Arrange for Bonding and / or Certificates of Insurance
- Support assignment to other projects as needed
- Set up client billing template in Maestro
- Receive, review and process field data including daily field packages with supporting backup, vendor invoices,
- Verification of data entry for all project costs including labour and equipment
- Provide ongoing project status reports to Project Managers
- Administrative Work on job sites if required.
Health and Safety
- Reads, understands and follows MECI’s Corporate Health and Safety Program, Policy and Procedures. Ensures health and safety is considered in the performance of all activities both on and off the job. Participation in H & S initiatives will be monitored and reviewed as necessary.
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experiences from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Project Administrator role is an asset.
- Experience in the Civil/Environmental industry is an asset.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Team player with strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Disciplined, motivated self-starter capable of high performance with minimal supervision.
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with attention to detail.
- Able to understand and prioritize requests.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Office)
- Work is typically in an office environment. Occasional field visits may be required.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.