Milestone is seeking a Lead Hand / Labourer to perform field labourer duties as required at Milestone project sites. In additional to general labourer duties, role responsibilities will include support of the Site Superintendent position through leadership for field level health & safety, coordination of site activities (as delegated by the Site Superintendent) and completion of limited paperwork. Role may require travel and out-of-town work.
The Field Labourer / Lead Hand position will provide support to the Site Superintendents, allowing Site Superintendents to be responsible for more than one project at a time. For the right candidate, this position will lead to more responsibilities in supervision and H&S leadership, working towards a Site Superintendent role.
- High school diploma, technical training and computer skills and asset.
- Valid BC Drivers Licence, First Aid, WHIMIS an asset. May be able to pass a Drug & Alcohol test and ability to attain Security Clearance required.
- Experience not required, but ideally you will have some general civil construction experience with excavation, dredging, earth moving and/or trucking.
- We will teach you all aspects of environmental contracting, giving you the skills and opportunity to move through our onsite positions.
- Show up on sites on time and with the appropriate PPE.
- Respond to and follow the directions of the Site Superintendent.
- Be physically fit to work for general labourer duties.
- Communicate regularly with the Site Superintendent.
- Operate a variety of power tools, including pumps, generators and hand tools.
- Periodically operate mechanized equipment such as pick up trucks, rollers, skid steers and/or excavators (if qualified).
- Maintain a safe and clean site by handling materials; picking up and removing tools, equipment, debris; and securing the job site daily.
- Shovel materials and perform general labourer duties.
- Prepare Material Designation Slips for trucks and/or keep a truck log.
- Participate in and/or host daily tool box meetings and weekly site inspections.
- Complete all training, in a timely fashion, as requested by Milestone.
- Use and maintain all PPE assigned to worker.
On construction / remediation sites. Outdoor work.
Lower mainland BC, with some out-of-town work.
To be discussed with potential applicants.
How to Apply:
Please send your résumé to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.