Do you love a challenge? Are you interested in doing more than just talking about saving the Environment? Milestone Environmental Contracting takes on some of the most complex environmental clean up projects across Canada, making a lasting benefit to our environment and our community. We specialize in soil and ground remediation, water treatment, heavy civil construction, building decommissioning, land reclamation and rehabilitating sensitive habitats. At Milestone, we dare our clients to let us help them tackle their toughest jobs! We are successful because we have the best team using the latest technology and techniques to develop innovative solutions in a fast paced and everchanging environment. We rarely do the same thing twice and always have fun while doing it. This can be a tough job and isn’t for everyone. Milestone is up to the challenge, are you?
What makes Milestone the place to work? We are a people first, employee-owned company that dedicates our time to saving the environment. We offer competitive wages and benefits, and we ensure all employees have the opportunity for professional growth and development. Other companies may say the are people first, but we live up to it. This is a promise we have been able to deliver on for the last 10 years and we continue growing stronger. If you think you are a fit, then we want you to grow with us.
Milestone Environmental Contracting Inc. (MECI) is seeking a facility coordinator to manage operations of a soil transfer station. The transfer facility receives structural and non-hazardous fill materials for characterization and future disposal off-site at permitted facilities.
Individual would be responsible for managing on-site logistics, technical review of soil analytical and environmental monitoring reports, coordinating soil disposal with permitted landfills, and actively bidding/finding new sales opportunities.
- Review soil analytical reports
- Request water and soil analysis
- Review ESC Monitoring Reports
- Stay informed and updated on changes to BC Ministry of Environment & Climate Change Strategy Contaminated Sites Regulation
- Allocate and manage facility space for maximum efficiency.
- Implement best practice processes to increase efficiency at facility.
- Provide quotes to clients for use of transfer facility.
- Broker soil for clients
- Manage contractor, consultant and First Nation relationships at facility.
- Verify invoicing and monitor expenses/payments.
- Assist MECI project managers with proposals.
- Work on sales funnel for transfer station by actively marketing facility and finding new clientele.
- Coordinate and host facility update meetings.
- Manifesting trucks for soil disposal
In conjunction with acting as the Facility Coordinator, you may be asked to perform additional duties as a Project Coordinator. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the PM in the review of Contractor quotations to ensure that only fair and reasonable pricing is recommended for approval.
- Track & manage contemplated change notices and change orders in the database.
- Track the progress and quality of work being performed by design disciplines/trades.
- Use project scheduling and control tools to monitor projects plans, work hours, budgets, and expenditures.
- Effectively and accurately communicate relevant project information to the client and project team.
- Ensure Clients needs are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Review field inspection reports from consultants throughout the lifecycle of the project
- Issue Contracts, Letters of Intent, Purchase Orders, etc.
Health and Safety
Reads, understands and follows MECI’s Corporate Health and Safety Program, Policy and Procedures. Ensures health and safety is considered in the performance of all activities both on and off the job. Participation in H & S initiatives will be monitored and reviewed as necessary.
- Civil/Environmental Engineering Degree or Civil Engineering Technologist or Technician Diploma and/or equivalent field experience
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experiences from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Experience working with soils and transfer facilities is an asset
- Experience in the Civil/Environmental industry is an asset
- Familiar with BC Contaminated Sites Regulation is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Team player with strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Disciplined, motivated self-starter capable of high performance with minimal supervision
- Excellent planning and organization skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with attention to detail
- Able to understand and prioritize requests
- Must be able to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Strong computer skills (Excel, MS Project, MS Office, Primavera, AutoCAD)
- Ability to interpret and read engineering drawings / specifications
- Perform calculations and layouts
- Work will be based out of our Langley office and Port Coquitlam Soil Transfer Facility.
How to apply:
- Please send your resume to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.