Career Opportunity: Director, Water Treatment
It’s time to showcase your expertise and significantly impact the water treatment industry. If you thrive in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, are motivated by tackling complex challenges, and believe in making a difference through your work, then embark on a strategic growth and leadership journey as the Director, Water Treatment. If you’re seeking a role that will challenge and inspire you, Milestone Environmental Contracting Inc. is the place to be. Take the next step towards an exciting and rewarding career in this role.
At Milestone, we believe in the power of entrepreneurship, collaboration, and creativity. We pride ourselves on finding innovative solutions for our clients while positively impacting the environment and community. Our fast-paced and ever-changing environment is where our people thrive, and we’re looking for individuals who share our passion for taking on complex challenges. As an employee-owned company, we prioritize the safety and well-being of our people, offering competitive compensation packages and ample opportunities for professional growth and development. Our commitment to our team has been unwavering for over 10 years, putting our team first as we continue to grow together.
As the Director, Water Treatment, you will be at the forefront of our operations, utilizing your years of experience in water treatment within a related environmental or industrial sector.
Your knowledge of the water treatment industry, including market opportunities, applicable regulations, available technologies, vendors, and the competitive landscape, will be invaluable in shaping our strategies and driving our success.
You will have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on our business finances, recruit and manage a highly skilled Water Treatment team, and oversee all aspects of our projects.
Your leadership skills will guide our team toward excellence as we deliver exceptional results and exceed client expectations.
Join us in our mission to make a difference and grow with a company that values your expertise and supports your personal and professional aspirations.
- Responsible for the development, strategic growth, and leadership of a new Water Treatment business service line in a manner consistent with Milestone’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Oversee and direct the training and management of all work teams.
- Develop and execute on annual business and financial plans.
- Have overall responsibility for the growth and diversification of the Water Treatment business across Canada.
- Develop and innovate company services to drive future revenue growth.
- Support and manage the creation, negotiation, execution and compliance of customer and vendor- facing contracts.
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Management Team across the country to ensure alignment and coordination of resources.
- Create, manage, and achieve KPI’s.
- Lead team through effective performance management to include activities that ensure goals are consistently being met or exceeded.
- Create an inspiring and inclusive work environment reflective of our brand.
- Demonstrate excellence in safety leadership, promoting occupational health and safety awareness.
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated engineering or science discipline.
- Preference may be given for MBA or Professional Engineering designations.
Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in water treatment within a related environmental or industrial sector.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Passionate about developing new opportunities with a very strong entrepreneurial spirit.
- Significant knowledge of the water treatment industry including applicable regulations, application of available technologies, vendors, and the competitive landscape.
- Strong business acumen with ability to read and interpret financial reports.
- Ability to develop and implement an annual business plan.
- Human resources and people management.
- Ability to build relationships and interact with multiple clients, subcontractors, crews and all staff, and senior management, etc.
- Construction industry exposure / experience.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Strategic thinker.
- Proven ability to adapt and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong mentoring and coaching capabilities.
- Highly motivated and team-oriented with strong attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, MS Project, and key industry specific software).
- This is a national role and therefore travel should be expected. The office location is flexible, however preference will be given to candidates that live a commutable distance to any of Milestone’s facilities in Ontario (Cambridge, Port Hope-Peterborough area, Ottawa) or British Columbia (Langley).
- A flexible work from home policy is available.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please send your resume to: email@example.com
- We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.