Position Description/Key Responsibilties:
- Ensure transactional accuracy, consistency, and timeliness, which ensure accurate financial reporting and accounting functions while providing information and support to the Controller
- Oversee the overall accounting cycle for the project portfolio – accounts payable, job costing, inventory, sales, accounts receivable etc. – from the setup to the closeout of each project
- Ensure integrity, timeliness and completeness of internal and external reporting while adhering to company protocols and policies
- Assist with the preparation of the Annual Operating Budget and Business Plan process for Milestone and affiliated companies by working closely with the corporate controller.
- Monitor daily cashflow and identify cash operating requirements in relation to short and long-term investment decisions
- Assist Controller in meeting month end objectives relating to owner and stakeholder reporting
- Maintain strong leadership over everyday accounting activities, month end processes, financial and management reporting, and cash management
- Manage and support the project accounting team in their daily tasks and responsibilities; lead with the focus on accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting, accountability, continuous skill development and professional and career growth
- Oversee the preparation of ad hoc reports, financial reviews and special projects as directed by the leadership team
- Post secondary education related to accounting, business administration or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience
- Accounting credentials are an asset
Experience, Skills, and Abilities:
- A minimum of 4 years working experience
- Construction industry exposure / experience a definite asset
- Strong people skills. A team player with a proven ability to build relationships at all levels of an organization as well as with external parties such as vendors, auditors, and business partners
- Strong communication skills. Ability to communicate precisely and clearly verbally and in written, compile reports, conduct presentations and meetings; set and convey goals and objectives and motivate team members to deliver their best work
- Ability to anticipate needs and deliver on commitments
- Highly organized and able to work independently
- Solid analytical skills. A disciplined and knowledge based approach to problem solving
To be discussed with potential applicants.
How to Apply:
Please send your résumé to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.